Here’s a quick video of our interior and some exterior. The interior is in the middle of getting painted.
The painters have started work on the boat and everything is a total mess! We’re painting the interior, they’re painting the exterior along with fighting our two motors – when is two better than one? Right now it’s not! It hasn’t stopped raining for almost a week which is perfect timing to have little holes all over the boat. We took out the stanchions, mast boots etc for the painters so now the boat is like a moist cave with water trickling down the sides. Wonderful. And the bilge pump has decided to crap itself.
I have been working hard on the girls’ mattress covers. They turned out better than expected – I’m a crappy sewer. They have even passed the test of being jumped on for hours. Next is the sheets. Got some good deals at Tuesday Morning for sheets. I checked in our closet and it looks like I haven’t bought new sheets in about 5 years.
We are super excited our neighbors next to our non existed business has agreed to lift us out with their crane. This is fabulous news, now we don’t have to motor to Louisiana or Biloxi. We are going to take off both masts for maintenance and haul her out. Hope her bottom isn’t scary looking.
North Sails in Metairie LA is giving our sails some much needed love. We have decided to replace the track on the main and mizzen with Tides Marine track and slide system. We also raised the mizzen about 6 inches for better clearance of the bimini. North Sails is shortening the mizzen and putting full battens in the main. They are also replacing the sun covers on both roller furlings. I failed royally at this, I guess my sailrite sewing machine wasn’t’ up for the task.
All is moving forward. We have 2 months to get out of our house and move onto the boat. Home inspection tomorrow, eek. Lots and lots to do, I may end up putting the girls back in full time daycare (sad face) to help Carl with the boat and moving out of the house.
Big C is going to swim lessons twice a week and I’m going to start lil C as soon as she gets that horrible cast off.
The girls are getting so big. They are going to LOVE our upcoming adventure!
I have completed my first mattress cover, two more to go. Also my first zipper. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be but the corners are far from pretty. I used a section of the original cover for the back to help it breathe more. The front is 100% cotton. Next I will need to make a waterproof sheet for the little one’s accidents, fitted sheet and flat sheet.
The girls tested the seams and so far so good. This is Big C’s bed.
Fingers crossed next cover will look better.