Of course it’s the 11th hour and I’m writing a post for the New Year. I’m late for everything, never on time, always in a flustered rush. But hey, if I was on time that wouldn’t be me.
New year resolution…. better time management.
Ha! Let me put that on the list of eat better and exercise, those New Year’s resolutions seem to roll over year after year.
We all know very well on the improvements we need to make on ourselves but what of those achievements we’ve reached previously in the year? Lets check those puppies out people! What did you pull off in 2015?
Here are a few of our highlights:
- Carl and I took the polar plunge in the Arctic with our “buddy” – they don’t like the term – boats SV Bagheera and SV Snow Dragon II
- snuck up on some musk ox, so close we could smell their stank
- Capri leaned to snorkel
- went on our first bar crawl as a family, sweeet!
- completed a 16 day passage with 3 kids and 2 extra crew without killing anybody!!
- I survived a 24 hour travel day with a 1 year old flying to Australia – will NEVER do that again
- cooked our first lobsters on board, yeah I know we should have knocked that one off a long time ago. Thanks Peter.
- saw our first polar bear, sea otter, musk ox and moose
- witnessed the northern lights
- and of course our completion of the Northwest Passage as a family
Being a young family, every year tends to be more and more overwhelming. Kids have slowed us down a bit but they also force us to to get out and have some fun when more often than not I wished I was in bed with a good book. I still can’t believe we started out 2015 in the Caribbean and finished it up with Salty in Alaska and us with family in Massachusetts, talk about putting some miles under our belt.
But 2015 wasn’t all about the scenery for us, we met some pretty incredible people. The list is pretty long and I’m afraid I would leave people out. You all know who you are. You rock! We met up with old friends in the Caribbean and made some pretty amazing new ones, from bloggers, to family adventurers to the random crazy cruisers in the Arctic.
This year I decided to put a bit of a quick collage together to sum up our year. Let me just start by saying that it wasn’t as “quick” as I thought. Whoa did we do a lot! I felt like I complained all year long about how hard life was but what was I thinking!? We did some pretty mind blowing stuff. Check it out!
If you missed out on some of our stories, here are 2015’s most popular posts:
2. The mad dash: prepping for our Northwest Passage attempt
3. Bitter sweet: our thoughts on our Northwest Passage adventure coming to an end, also some marvelous pictures of our polar bear encounters.
4. Making room for crew: pictures and description of the improvements we did to Salty for the Arctic. The new dodger, heating systems and making an extra bed for the “little man”.
5. At a cross road: one of our recent posts over the heartache of what the future holds – thanks again for the out pour of love from everyone xxx
So, what will 2016 bring? I asked Carl the same question:
twenty sixteen, well we’re going to do something…